Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sanoran Triamesh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 01:38:28 UTC

Re: Invoking AXIS over Sockets

hi,
  I also want to use tcp transport. I followed the instructions as much as
possible, and get the following error:
*

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException*: Unexpected EOF in prolog
There are some details mentioned regarding 'how' the server is started and
how some configurations may be ignored if the server is started manually. My
server is running as a 'servlet' in tomcat (axis2.war).

  I would really appreciate if I could get the tcp sample to work.

Thanks
Sanoran

Posted by Sanoran Triamesh <sa...@gmail.com>.
Got it working, so I answer my own questions.

The following changes made the TCPClient<>MyService example work. Here are
all the steps...

1) Builld the 'userguide' running ant and take the 'MyService.aar' and put
it in the services directory.
2) Find the 'TCPClient.java' example code and change the EPR from port 8080
to 6060 (since that is the default configuration in axis2.xml.
3) Edit the configuration file (axis2.xml) by uncommenting tcp receiver and
sender sections.
4) In TCPClient.java, add
      options.setUseSeparateListener(*false*);
    (not sure if that is default).
5) Add the addressing?.mar module to your client class path (just treat it
like a jar file).

Thanks
Sanoran