Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/02 23:26:19 UTC

How to get Hadoop Admin job being fresher in Big Data Field?

Hi,

In this group we have so many experienced people and i wanted to know how
to get a job as Hadoop admin being fresher in Big Data field.

I have 13+ years of exp as DBA and now I would like to move into Big Data
field basically as Hadoop Admin as per my New Year resolution ;)

I have fair understanding for Hadoop ecosystem and has setup 6 nodes Hadoop
cluster using VMs.

Does company consider other experience like i have as a DBA and give job to
a newbie like me?

What are the skills/tool knowledge  i should have to get a job in Big Data
Field ?

Thanks
Krish

Re: How to get Hadoop Admin job being fresher in Big Data Field?

Posted by jcasanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
Hi Krish,

As far as i know DBA experience helps or translates to hadoop admin. You
can use sqoop, pig or other tools to easy translate SQL language into
mapreduce jobs. Hopefully this helps.

Posted by jcasanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
Hi Krish,

Posted by jcasanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
Hi Krish,

Posted by jcasanova <pc...@outlook.com>.
Hi Krish,

Posted by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com>.
Waiting for people input

Posted by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com>.
Waiting for people input

Posted by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com>.
Waiting for people input

Posted by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com>.
Waiting for people input

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You may find this blog post by Gwen S. useful:
http://www.pythian.com/blog/hadoop-faq-but-what-about-the-dbas/

--
Harsh J

Re: How to get Hadoop Admin job being fresher in Big Data Field?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How to get Hadoop Admin job being fresher in Big Data Field?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How to get Hadoop Admin job being fresher in Big Data Field?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J