Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gustavo Nalle Fernandes <gu...@terra.com.br> on 2005/07/16 21:46:50 UTC

Well Formed HTML as template

Hi cocooners,

Does cocoon offers thru one of its generators the possiblity to use a well
formed HTML instrumented with valid htmls tags in order to generate a
dynamic page, similar to tapestry template mechanism?
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/template.html#template.compon
ents)

Best regards,
Gustavo

Re: Well Formed HTML as template

Posted by Zbigniew Bomert OP <zb...@dominikanie.pl>.
Gustavo Nalle Fernandes wrote:
> Hi cocooners,
>
> Does cocoon offers thru one of its generators the possiblity to use a well
> formed HTML instrumented with valid htmls tags in order to generate a
> dynamic page, similar to tapestry template mechanism?
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/template.html#template.compon
> ents)
>
> Best regards,
> Gustavo

Realisation of similar concept in cocoon is described at:

http://www.cocooncenter.org/articles/stylefree.html

Zbigniew Bomert

Re: Well Formed HTML as template

Posted by Gerald Aichholzer <ga...@iicm.edu>.
Hi,

Gustavo Nalle Fernandes wrote:

> Does cocoon offers thru one of its generators the possiblity to use a well
> formed HTML instrumented with valid htmls tags in order to generate a
> dynamic page, similar to tapestry template mechanism?
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/template.html#template.compon
> ents)

you might also want to have a look at

* templating using TAL (template language from Zope)
   http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HtmlToXsltExperiments
http://blog.bitflux.ch/archive/2004/12/12/further-improvements-on-xsl-tal.html

* another approach from Stavros Kounis
   http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/TemplateBasedWebSite

I have tried the first one and it works quite well.

HTH,
Gerald

Re: Well Formed HTML as template

Posted by Stavros Kounis <sk...@gmail.com>.
On 7/18/05, Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Gustavo Nalle Fernandes wrote:
> > Hi cocooners,
> >
> > Does cocoon offers thru one of its generators the possiblity to use a well
> > formed HTML instrumented with valid htmls tags in order to generate a
> > dynamic page, similar to tapestry template mechanism?
> > (http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/template.html#template.compon
> > ents)
>
> Hi Gustavo,
>
> That's easy.  The generator you use is called an "aggregator" (look in
> the docs where <map:aggregate> is described).  You use this to create an
> XML document containing two parts: (1) the template, and (2) the data
> stream.  Then you pipe that through an XSLT stylesheet that replaces
> elements in (1) with elements from (2).  So basically, the workhorse of
> the templating is still an XSLT stylesheet -- not a special generator --
> but the template itself is XHTML.

hi mark
that's exactly how Othello work.
take a look here : http://cocoondev.org/main/117/160.html