Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leif Nelson <ln...@llnl.gov> on 2003/02/13 02:26:54 UTC

Beta-8 site:generate

Hi-

Just downloaded beta-8, and did a "maven site:generate" just like I do in
beta-7...  The generated HTML doesn't seem to be coming out
correctly...  Here's a few excerpts from the generated index.html file from
beta-8 vs. beta-7

beta-8
           @import url("/style/tigris.css");
           @import url("/style/maven.css");
         <link rel="stylesheet" href="/style/print.css" type="text/css"
media="print"></link>
beta-7
           @import url("./style/tigris.css");
           @import url("./style/maven.css");
         <link rel="stylesheet" href="./style/print.css" type="text/css"
media="print"></link>

Also, all the links (Front Page, Project Info, Project Reports, etc. etc.)
are all "hard links" vs. "relative links", so none of them work
either...  the HREF's all start with a leading "/".

Is there something somewhere I need to change?  The browser can't find the
stylesheets because the URL's aren't relative, and none of the links
work!  Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Leif

Re: Beta-8 site:generate

Posted by Leif Nelson <ln...@llnl.gov>.
I found the section at line 241...

But, I think I traced down the problem!  (FYI, I'm running maven on my
Windows XP box)

When I run:  "maven site:generate" from with a cygwin bash shell, I get the
broken web site...  And the echo entries show a RelativePath of nothing.

When I run "maven site:generate" from a MSDOS command prompt, everything
works just peachy.  (and the RelativePath shows up as "." or ".."

So, I'm guessing there's some kind of weirdness when running from the
cygwin shell?  I tried checking out the maven source from CVS and doing the
same "maven site:generate" with the cygwin shell, and get a similar broken
web site....

I'll run maven from my MSDOS prompt for now.  I didn't realize that I had
changed that too after installing beta-8.  I'm not sure if the same problem
exists in beta-7, I may have never run beta-7 with the cygwin shell...  :-)

Thanks for the prompt response,

--Leif

Re: Beta-8 site:generate

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
This is caused by cygwin trying to compare D:\test to d:\test\test.html
and getting confused.

Now fixed in CVS - DVSLPathTool.java and DVSLPathToolTest.java

Re: Beta-8 site:generate

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.