Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com> on 2014/11/11 16:16:17 UTC

Advice Order - Tapestry 5.3.7

I have a pretty simple app that uses Tapestry-Hibernate.  I want to add a simple advice that is called before the Tapestry hibernate commit.  In my module I have:

    @Match("TaskLogic")
    public static void adviseTransactions(HibernateTransactionAdvisor advisor, MethodAdviceReceiver receiver) {
        advisor.addTransactionCommitAdvice(receiver);
    }

    @Match("TaskLogic")
    @Order("before:Transactions")
    public static void adviseSuccessfulExecutions(SystemLogic systemLogic, MethodAdviceReceiver receiver) {
        MethodAdvice successAdvice = new MethodAdvice() {
            @Override
            void advise(MethodInvocation invocation) {
                invocation.proceed()
                systemLogic.updateTaskSuccess(invocation.method.name)
            }
        }

        receiver.adviseAllMethods(successAdvice)
    }

My method, updateTaskSucess is definitely being called, but it's being called after the HibernateTransactionAdvisor has called commit().

Is my @Order annotation incorrect?

Thanks for any help in advance
Tony

Since 1982, Starpoint Solutions has been a trusted source of human capital and solutions. We are committed to our clients, employees, environment, community and social concerns. We foster an inclusive culture based on trust, respect, honesty and solid performance. Learn more about Starpoint and our social responsibility at http://www.starpoint.com/social_responsibility

This email message from Starpoint Solutions LLC is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Starpoint Solutions shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.