Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2014/06/02 20:55:32 UTC

Board report due in 1 week and 2 days

Hi,

Item for the report that I can put in:

-- Items from our website news:  Ruta 2.2.0 and UIMA SDK 2.6.0 releases,
and the UIMA Workshop at COLING 2014 (maybe I'll not mention this for this report - since this event is in August.)

Anything else we should include in the report to the board?

-Marshall

Re: Board report due in 1 week and 2 days

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
With respect to UIMA-DUCC, I would say that:

*DUCC (Distributed UIMA Cluster Computing) continues to have lots of
activity,*
* after its first release.*

continues to be true from last report.  Also, do recent web site changes
regarding DUCC count?  Such as layout changes and additional content for
"Scalable Frameworks" and "DUCC Demo Page/Live"?

Do upcoming releases count?  I believe that both UIMA-AS and UIMA-DUCC
intend to have another release before the next report is due.

Lou.

Board Report for June

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Dates:
12 May 2014    last release
12 Mar 2013    last PMC addition
24 Dec 2013    last Committer addition

2 Releases:
  12 May 2014  UIMA Java SDK 2.6.0 released
      http://uima.apache.org/news.html#12 May 2014
  15 Apr 2014  UIMA Ruta 2.2.0 released
      http://uima.apache.org/news.html#15 April 2014

Other Activity:
  DUCC website improved with links to demo server.
  uimaFIT is in a new release vote as I write this.
  Major work continues on DUCC and Ruta.

  The mailing lists are fairly active, and normal
  bug finding/fixing work continues.

Community: no change

Issues: No Board level issues at this time.

-Marshall Schor

Re: Board report due in 1 week and 2 days

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
If the release for uimaFIT 2.1.0 goes through, that would be another item for the report.

Cheers,

-- Richard