Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/27 07:44:05 UTC

Failing release version of application

Hi Guys,

Today I have build our application trough Maven in order to deploy it on a
production server. It stopped working in release build. I'm getting some
undefined value on one of the field. Is there any compiler options which
prevent from such a drastic renaming and allows me maybe a bit better asses
what actually is happening ?

I would love to provide here some more details. I'm definitely using the
newest version of Royale, cause build on https://builds.apache.org/ has all
changes which Josh did yesterday.

Piotr Zarzycki

RE: Failing release version of application

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
It would require more than a revert, because reverting will mean regression in IE compatibility. I’ll see what I can do to patch it up.

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
> [...]

> [1] https://ibb.co/HzkGLpk
> [2]
>
> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/3ee6f24eb7977c054b480ecea2c471dab017fadf/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/dialogPolyfill.as#L25
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>
> śr., 27 maj 2020 o 09:44 Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>
> napisał(a):
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Today I have build our application trough Maven in order to deploy it on
> > production server. It stopped working in release build. I'm getting some
> > undefined value on one of the field. Is there any compiler options which
> > prevent from such a drastic renaming and allows me maybe a bit better
> asses
> > what actually is happening ?
> >
> > I would love to provide here some more details. I'm definitely using the

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Failing release version of application

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.
Hey Piotr,

I just rolled back the part of my changes that I believe caused your issue.
Sorry about that!

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

I was trying to indicate to build "without" latest commits, to locate if
could be a problem with latest changes.
A part from that we have some strange issues in building that only happens
from time to time (a hang, or a bad compilation). Maybe you're suffering
that. About the dialogPolyfill, we have still an issue with latest changes
from Yishay that I think still are not working in all cases. I asked him to
revert, but still did it,since the actual solution seems to report RTE
errors.

Thanks

El mié., 27 may. 2020 a las 14:12, Piotr Zarzycki (<
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>) escribió:

> It looks like for some reason Build from Jenkins VS. build by maven using
> central repository is different in terms of issues.
>
> 1) When I'm building by Maven I'm experiencing that one of the fields is
> undefined. I have blank page, application is not loading at all.
>
> Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'K' of undefined [1]
>
> 2) When I'm building using latest nightly from Jenkins I'm getting
>
> dialogPolyfill is not defined
>
> It looks like to me that loading dialogPolyfill is failing here [2] in
> inject_script
>
> To confirm my assumption I have added links from [2] to
> jewel-index-template.html template and application runs without any
> problem.
>
> We have here for some reasons outcome of Maven build which doesn't work at
> all and outcome of Jenkins build which with workaround is working, but in
> general issues are different. It looks like Jenkins build doesn't suffer
> from what I have in Maven build.
>
> More thoughts are welcome.
>
> [1] https://ibb.co/HzkGLpk
> [2]
>
> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/3ee6f24eb7977c054b480ecea2c471dab017fadf/frameworks/projects/Jewel/src/main/royale/dialogPolyfill.as#L25
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>
> śr., 27 maj 2020 o 09:44 Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>
> napisał(a):
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Today I have build our application trough Maven in order to deploy it on
> > production server. It stopped working in release build. I'm getting some
> > undefined value on one of the field. Is there any compiler options which
> > prevent from such a drastic renaming and allows me maybe a bit better
> asses
> > what actually is happening ?
> >
> > I would love to provide here some more details. I'm definitely using the
> > newest version of Royale, cause build on https://builds.apache.org/ has
> > all changes which Josh did yesterday.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> >
> > Piotr Zarzycki
> >
> > Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
> > <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
> >

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Failing release version of application

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

It's working with commits from yesterday. I'm preparing more info here. I
will send it soon.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

El mié., 27 may. 2020 a las 9:44, Piotr Zarzycki (<pi...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Today I have build our application trough Maven in order to deploy it on a
> production server. It stopped working in release build. I'm getting some
> undefined value on one of the field. Is there any compiler options which
> prevent from such a drastic renaming and allows me maybe a bit better asses
> what actually is happening ?
>
> I would love to provide here some more details. I'm definitely using the
> newest version of Royale, cause build on https://builds.apache.org/ has
> all
> changes which Josh did yesterday.

> Piotr Zarzycki