Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Sándor Norbert <sa...@tarr.hu> on 2017/10/12 15:13:29 UTC

configuration / project stage question

Hello,

I'm experimenting with DeltaSpike configuration using release 1.8.0, in
a JBoss EAP6.4 based application.

I have a very simple project:

_META-INF/apache-deltaspike.properties_

    a.Development=dev-a
    a.Production=prod-a
    b=a: ${a}

_CDI bean_

     @Inject
     @ConfigProperty(name = "a")
     private String a;

     @Inject
     @ConfigProperty(name = "b")
     private String b;

     @PostConstruct
     public void initialize() {
         System.out.println(a);
         System.out.println(b);
     }

The project stage is "computed" correctly as Development (I configured
it using a system property).
But the output is:

    [stdout] dev-a
    [stdout] a: ${a}

So the variable is not resolved. Based on the documentation I would expect:

    [stdout] dev-a
    [stdout] a: dev-a

Am I misunderstand the property resolution process?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Best regards:
Norbi

Re: configuration / project stage question

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
No, this should actually work. Do you mind shipping a patch to our existing unit test to show the behaviour?
Much easier for us to tackle this with a unit test.

txs and LieGrue,
strub