Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pv...@mi.terra.cl, pv...@mi.terra.cl on 2001/04/20 15:25:26 UTC

Tomcat in a real production environment

Hello,

  I need some highlight about the configuration for Tomcat in a real
production environment. Actually I have client/server applications in
developed in Windows and now we are moving to the Web World.
  The clients don't know nothing between them, so I need configurate
distinct path for each one, the same thing for the service.
  In my development and QA environment I configurate multiples tomcat
JVMs, so if I need work with one client I down the service for him but
not for the others.
  Now I moving to the production environment so I'm worry about the
performance, security, availability, etc. of the service.

  Any one have any similar experience?, Can you share this?

ps.: My configuration is :
        Linux 7.1 on Pentium 800
        JDK 1.3
        Tomcat 3.2.2 (or 4.0 if get out of beta)
        And the web application are servlets.

Thanks in advance,
Patricio Vera S.

Gentileza Terra Lycos Chile S.A.