Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Janardhan Pulivarthi <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/30 15:43:52 UTC

gpu dev environment on windows.

Hi,

Anybody would volunteer to help me (would like to spare a 15 mins) setup
gpu dev environment on my windows.

1. IDE: intellij, visual studio 2017
2. OS: windows 10
3. cuda: 8.0
4. cudnn: I downloaded the package, but doesn't know how to integrate with
cuda.

questions:
1. where to edit the c++ code of gpu kernel
2. how to compile the file with nvvm
3. and so on.

I will be so greatful for the help. please give a hangout request, If you
would like to help me.

Thanks,
Janardhan

Re: gpu dev environment on windows.

Posted by Niketan Pansare <np...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Janardhan,

Are you planning to develop a custom kernel?

If yes, you can use standard text editor to modify the SystemML.cu file. Please use the Makefile in the same directory for compiling custom kernel.

If not, you only need to worry about installing cuda 8 n cudnn 5. Here is a link for installing cudnn: http://docs.nvidia.com/deeplearning/sdk/cudnn-install/index.html#installwindows

Thanks,

Niketan.

Posted by du...@gmail.com.