Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bOOyah <bo...@nowhere.org> on 2004/04/12 13:48:03 UTC

Q: Translating i18n keys in Struts?

Hi

I want to use 'html:select' and 'html:optionsCollection' to draw menus
on my page.

I'm thinking of filling my collection of menu strings with i18n keys
that correspond to string properties in my various resource bundles.  So

     menuList[0] = "menu.item.search"
     menuList[1] = "menu.item.about"
and so on.

Is there a neat Struts way of translating these keys to actual
locale-specific strings on their way to the JSP, or even in the JSP
itself?  Or do I have to write my own helper methods in my Action classes?

Thanks.
--
bOOyah