Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by syed kather <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/02 10:34:28 UTC

hbase-site.xml Content is not allowed in prolog.

Team ,
   while i am trying to import the data from exported backup . I am getting
this "Content is not allowed in prolog". Please help me

* Error:*

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1237)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:1103)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:1037)
    at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.get(Configuration.java:415)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.checkDefaultsVersion(HBaseConfiguration.java:63)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources(HBaseConfiguration.java:89)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.create(HBaseConfiguration.java:100)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.create(HBaseConfiguration.java:110)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.TableOutputFormat.setConf(TableOutputFormat.java:185)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:62)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task.initialize(Task.java:513)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:180)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:1142)
    ... 17 more

*HBASE Site.XML*:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<property>
<name>hbase.rootdir</name>
<value>hdfs://syed:9000/hbase</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.master</name>
<value>syed:60000</value>
<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.regionserver.port</name>
<value>60020</value>
<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
</property>
<!--<property>
<name>hbase.master.port</name>
<value>60000</value>
<description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.</description>
</property>-->
<property>
<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.tmp.dir</name>
<value>/home/mapcluster/hadoop_lat/hbase-0.90.4/temp</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
<value>syed</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.replication</name>
<value>2</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
<value>2181</value>
<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
The port at which the clients will connect.
</description>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
<value>/home/mapcluster/hadoop_lat/zookeeper</value>
<description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
The directory where the snapshot is stored.
</description>
</property>
<property>
    <name>zookeeper.session.timeout</name>
    <value>1800000</value>
    <description>Session Time out.</description>
      </property>
    <property>
        <name>hbase.client.scanner.caching</name>
        <value>500</value>
    </property>
<property>
<name>hbase.regionserver.lease.period</name>
<value>240000</value>
</property>
</configuration>

            Thanks and Regards,
        S SYED ABDUL KATHER

Re: hbase-site.xml Content is not allowed in prolog.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM, syed kather <in...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Team ,
>    while i am trying to import the data from exported backup . I am getting
> this "Content is not allowed in prolog". Please help me

What JVM are you using?
St.Ack

Re: hbase-site.xml Content is not allowed in prolog.

Posted by Suraj Varma <sv...@gmail.com>.
It would be good to update the thread on how you fixed it ... for
users who tread the same path tomorrow. :)

Was it dos2unix on your conf / bin directories that fixed it?
--S

Posted by syed kather <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Cylke <mc...@touk.pl>.