Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/02/25 17:26:59 UTC

[ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Hi all,

Friendly reminder about our schedule.  Thursday is the last day of this
phase of QA / bug-fix work.  We defined it as:

2013-02-28
  Docs Completion Target (except release notes and translations) (Docs
  may be included in the release after this date, after consensus on
  each addition that the inclusion does not reduce release quality).

  Release Branch moves to limited updates only (only commits allowed
  in would be release blockers fixes, translation updates, etc...)

I'd like to get as many bugs resolved as possible (as well as ensure
that the blockers that Sudha has shared this morning are addressed as
quickly as possible).

After Thursday, we're going to want to move to a very limited amount of
change within the 4.1 branch.  Given that, now's the time to knock down
the blockers...  but also as many of the other priority bugs as
possible.

If you have 4.1 bugs assigned to you, please take a moment today to try
to get them resolved (or at least triaged).  If you don't have any bugs
assigned, then pick some of the unassigned ones!  We're trying to not
work like a corporate dev team, where managers assign the bugs.  That
means that personal initiative to pick up work and resolve issues is
going to be key to getting our bug count down!

Also, if we can get the DEB packaging wrapped up and in the branch by
EOD Thursday, that would go a long way to ensuring that we will be
working with a stable source tree for the rest of the process.  (Wido /
Noa: ping!)

Thanks all!

-chip

RE: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
UI for AWS-regions is ready and pushed to a feature branch on asf. It's  currently under some basic testing  and should be merged pretty soon with the master branch.

Thanks,
Pranav

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.

RE: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Ram Ganesh <Ra...@citrix.com>.
Radhika,

>> Health monitoring for load balanced instances: Is this feature a part of 4.1 ?

Moved it to 4.2.0.

Thanks,
RamG

RE: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Chip Childers
> <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
>> Yup, having 9 blockers (as of a moment ago) is pretty bad.
>>
>> Here's the list FWIW...  the last one needs someone to grab it and fix
>> it.  Others with blocker bugs, can you please at least update it with
>> current status?
>
> Updates on few of them:
>

>> CLOUDSTACK-1228Unable to Create System Vm's in the  VMware Hypervisor
>> setup.Venkata Siva Vijayendra Bhamidipati
>
> Can be due to incorrect packaging, an issue was fixed in
> CLOUDSTACK-1244, this needs to be re-tested.
>
>> CLOUDSTACK-1244fail to push sysmvm.iso onto xen hostAbhinandan Prateek
>
> Fixed and tested, works.
>

>> CLOUDSTACK-1252Failed to download default template in VMwareAlex Huang
>>
>> CLOUDSTACK-1264System VM does not have default route.Jayapal Reddy
>
> Both above ones may have been affected due to CLOUDSTACK-1244. We need
> to re-test and see if they are still valid.
>

>> CLOUDSTACK-1276Remove autoscanning for 4.1Kelven Yang

Oh, forgot to mention. There was virtually no difference memory-wise
using xml or autoscanning+annotation approach.

Regards.

Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.

RE: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
> CLOUDSTACK-1252Failed to download default template in VMwareAlex
> Huang

I've reassigned this bug to Nitin because the analysis is incorrect.  The conclusion drawn was that this bug is due to bug 1273.  Bug 1273 only happens on master branch because I made changes in master branch that were not intended for 4.1 and afaik have never been merged to 4.1.

I've also spoken with Rayees and told him that the fix for 1273 is not intended for 4.1 and therefore will not be cherry-picked to 4.1.

I've updated the bug with these comments.

--Alex

Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.
Following are fixed:

CLOUDSTACK-1244 fail to push sysmvm.iso onto xen host

CLOUDSTACK-1289 [F5-SRX-InlineMode] Usage stats are not generated for
Juniper SRX Firewall in in line mode

For the following it has been verified on Xen and it seems to be working
on VMWare:

CLOUDSTACK-1264 System VM does not have default route.Jayapal Reddy ---
Xen there are no issues, verifying on VMWare.
	Need more info like did it fail on KVM ?

-abhi

Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

RE: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@stratosec.co>.
On Feb 25, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Noa Resare <no...@spotify.com> wrote:

> (As a sidenote, hacking around with the tomcat layered cake of startup
> scripts is not easy or robust, we should definitely look into alternative
> setups as soon as 4.1 is out)

+1

Re: [ACS41] Schedule reminder!

Posted by Noa Resare <no...@spotify.com>.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> Also, if we can get the DEB packaging wrapped up and in the branch by
> EOD Thursday, that would go a long way to ensuring that we will be
> working with a stable source tree for the rest of the process.  (Wido /
> Noa: ping!)

Yes, that would be awesome.  I've done some work on the github packaging
branch and we are now at a point where the manager starts and communicates
with the database. It's based on master a few commits after 4.1 was
branched, so it should not be a lot of work to get a merge in place (also;
I assume that the changes are pretty orthogonal to the new stuff in master)

Needs a bit more work, but I think that merging the stuff we have is
worthwhile even though some stuff are still missing. At least we are
improving the situation.

(As a sidenote, hacking around with the tomcat layered cake of startup
scripts is not easy or robust, we should definitely look into alternative
setups as soon as 4.1 is out)

/n

--
Engineering Experience, Infrastructure tribe, Spotify