Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ronaldlee <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2009/07/16 02:27:38 UTC

Wrapped by ?

Hi,

I am having a problem with the XML parser used by a webapp. The problem is
that Jasper using xerces XML parser to pass a taglib file (one that ends
with ".tld").. but for some reason xerces return a doc node that is wrapped
by "<HTML><HEAD>..</HEAD></HTML>".. any idea why?? The taglib file looks
something like this:

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
1.1//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

<taglib xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" version="2.0">
	<tlib-version>1.0</tlib-version>

Here is the error I get:

[WARN] TagLibraryInfoImpl - Unknown element (HEAD) in taglib
[ERROR] [jsp] - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
<org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Mandatory TLD element missing or empty:
tlib-version>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Mandatory TLD element
missing or empty: tlib-version

thanks.
Ron

Re: Wrapped by ?

Posted by ronaldlee <yi...@hotmail.com>.
oh.. thats possible.. ok just to make sure the original version of xerces
doesn't do this kind of thing, thanks for your response.

Ron

keshlam wrote:

> Are you sure you're reading the file you think you're reading? Try
> printing out the contents rather than parsing them.
>
> (This isn't something Xerces should be doing for XML, so I'm betting that
> you either are reading the wrong thing or are reading it from a server
> which is wrapping it as an HTML document before sending it to you. The
> only other possibility I can think of would be that you were using the
> XHTML parser derived from Xerces -- NekoHTML -- rather than Xerces
> itself.)

Re: Wrapped by ?

Posted by ke...@us.ibm.com.
Are you sure you're reading the file you think you're reading? Try
printing out the contents rather than parsing them.

(This isn't something Xerces should be doing for XML, so I'm betting that
you either are reading the wrong thing or are reading it from a server
which is wrapping it as an HTML document before sending it to you. The
only other possibility I can think of would be that you were using the
XHTML parser derived from Xerces -- NekoHTML -- rather than Xerces
itself.)

"... Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,
A semaphore untested, And the change that comes along. ..."
  -- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish (
http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)