Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brad Kain <br...@quoininc.com> on 2006/01/26 21:59:08 UTC

Apache Coccon developer anywhere in the world

Quoin continues to have opportunities for talented developers In
Raleigh-Durham (NC), Boston (MA), and Princeton (NJ). We are seeking
individuals who have excellent communication and collaboration skills,
and be comfortable with remote pair programming, etc using skype/VNC (or
similar).

----------

Quoin offers challenging opportunities for technology professionals who
thrive in a collaborative and team-oriented environment. We are an
established consulting firm with over a decade of success with Fortune
1000 and other clients. Our professional staff has extensive experience
in all phases of the software development life cycle - planning,
requirements, analysis and design, implementation, testing and
integration. These phases are managed using a proven methodology that
leads to successful development of software solutions.

At Quoin, our successful team members typically have the following traits:

     * Enjoy working in an energetic and collaborative environment
     * Want an opportunity to use leading edge tools and implement
innovative designs
     * Desire to work with highly knowledgeable and experienced
colleagues on a range of projects
     * Highly motivated to exceed expectations
     * Always ready to learn new things
     * Take personal responsibility for the quality of their work
     * Understand the value of good communication and interpersonal skills

We currently have several opportunities for dedicated and talented
professionals. All positions require a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
If your background and skills match a position, please send a cover
letter and resume to: brad.kain@quoininc.com. All positions require
full-time employment. A qualified candidate must be eligible to work in
the United States. No third party responses, please.

Application Developer

The Application Developer works as a team member in the full-lifecycle
development of web-based applications. Participate on a team of 3 – 10
staff through conception, requirements, analysis and design,
construction, testing, and deployment. Work corroboratively with the
managing partner and client stakeholders. A successful candidate will
have strong experience in the design and implementation of web-based
systems using XML, Java, Apache Cocoon, XHTML, and CSS.

Required Skills

--  4+ years experience in application development using Java or other
object-oriented language
--  Practical experience in the development of web-based systems using
XML, XHTML, Java or XSLT, and CSS
--  Practical experience in Apache Cocoon
--  Experience or motivation to work on teams using agile practices,
particularly continuous integration and automated testing techniques.

Additional Skills

--  Practical knowledge of J2EE or .Net technologies
--  Practical knowledge of content management or online publishing systems

Responsibilities

--  Design, code, and test application components
--  Work effectively on project teams using agile development practices
--  Acquire new design and implementation skills
--  Participate in design and code reviews and ensure the quality of all
project deliverables

Please reply to: brad.kain@quoininc.com

Additional opportunities at: http://www.quoininc.com/about/jobs.html

Re: Apache Coccon developer anywhere in the world

Posted by Quoin Developers <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrew et al,

You can work from anywhere in the world, but collaboration during some
of standard US eastern time business hours is necessary.

Written and spoken English fluency are desired.

Our main operations our in Boston, MA, Durham, NC, and Princeton, NJ,
so if you live in one of those areas (or are interested in relocating)
that that's great but not required.

We're looking primarily for full-time employees, however, we do also
keep a list of Cocoon-savvy contractors.

Regards,
Eric

Re: Apache Coccon developer anywhere in the world

Posted by Quoin Developers <qu...@gmail.com>.
To elaborate further...

We offer a highly collaborative environment where we use many agile
practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, short
iterations. We endeavor to work closely with our clients to understand
how their business works so that we can build systems that can help
them to excel.

We're doing a lot of development in Java and Cocoon. Some of our work
is with the Lenya open-source content management platform. We use both
Linux and Windows. Mostly we're doing web-applications, but that's not
the only type of thing we do. Past clients include Washingtonpost.com,
Onstar, Fivestaralliance.com.

Things that we'd like you to know (some or all of): Java, Hibernate,
Cocoon, XSTL, CSS, XHTML, Lucene, Javascript.

You'd be a great fit with us if you...

Enjoy collaborative pair programming.
Continually try to improve through reading (books, blogs, manuals).
Love Design Patterns but know they can be overused and abused.
Understand that writing software is a long series of trade-offs, and
there usually isn't a "one, true implementation."
Don't think you know all the answers but think you know some of the questions.
Understand why Agile is useful as a methodology and have worked in
several projects using some kind of Agile approach.
Are smart, but not conceited.
Are a team player, and self-motivated.
Are confident with your skills and abilities, but always seeking to
improve and learn from others.
Think UML can be useful in expressing, understanding and communicating
concepts, but are not dogmatic about UML as a language for specifying
technical projects.
Can handle your code being reviewed, and can contribute useful
suggestions on improving others'.
Have a curious personality and, through discipline and experience,
instinctively know when it is appropriate to take time to dig deeper
into a problem

Please email with an introduction and your resume (preferably in PDF).

Our web site is http://www.quoininc.com/

(acknowledgments to my friend, Rob Cecil
[http://nxopinion.robertsoninstitute.org/blogs/rcecil/] for many of
the attributes listed above).

Regards,
Eric Meyer