Posted to dev@community.apache.org by TUHIN KHARE <tu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 10:59:22 UTC

Enquiring about the procedure to be followed in order to contribute to the projects offered by the Organization in GSoC

Dear Sir,

I am a student of Computer Science Engineering in Manipal Institute of
Technology , Manipal , Karnataka India .

I am deeply interested in open source development and i want to enter the
field by making my contributions through the various projects that your
organisation offers in the Google Summer of Code (GSoC).

I wanted to know that how should i proceed in order to contribute to the
projects and what procedure should i follow in order to apply for the
projects offered by your organizations

Yours Thankfully
Tuhin Khare

Re: Enquiring about the procedure to be followed in order to contribute to the projects offered by the Organization in GSoC

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Harald,
That was kind of harsh and unnecessary! We receive lots of inquiries about the GSoC program, and we are here to answer those inquiries in a kind, helpful way in order to encourage involvement in this program!!
Tuhin,
Thank you for your inquiry about the GSoC program.  Uli Stark (copied here) has been heading up this program and will be able to answer your questions.
Best regards,
MelissaExecutive AssistantApache Software Foundation

Hi, I don't know why you are writing us, has there been someone who told
you so?

Please, learn about the GSoC programm first! Before the organizations
aren't selected, there is no point in inquiring about it. Later, those who
are selected, will have guidelines how to apply. Simple as that! :-)

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

-- h

Posted by Harald Schilly <ha...@gmail.com>.