Posted to repository@apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/30 18:49:33 UTC

Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/

Arnaud, could you put a README in:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/org.codehaus.modello/

mentioning which project needs it here?

Any reason why it's not on the codehaus snapshot repo?

Hen

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 02/01/2007, at 9:20 PM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> 1. apache infrastructure redistributing stuff from untrusted 3rd
> parties. this is why the main repo is at ibiblio, no?

It's an 'internal' service for projects, not a distribution of those
things.

- Brett

Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 1/2/07, Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/01/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's not a precedent - we've a bunch of non-ASF jars in the snapshot
> > repository provided that a) they're acceptable licensing for us and b)
> > we document who they are there for (I've been putting READMEs in
> > there).
> >
> > So fine for this to be there in my opinion, as long as we know about it.
> >
> > Hen
>
> I guess my concern is
>
> 1. apache infrastructure redistributing stuff from untrusted 3rd
> parties. this is why the main repo is at ibiblio, no?

Nope, the main repo at ibiblio is closed to snapshots (afaik). So if
an ASF project needs to depend on a snapshot of a 3rd party project,
it needs somewhere to go. Our snapshot repository exists for ASF
projects to build against.

Generally the 3rd party things I see in there are snapshot/dated -
there are some, like dwr, which are versioned and we should be nudging
the owner to explain or get uploaded to the central repository.

> 2. extra bandwidth costs

Minor I suspect.

Hen

Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 02/01/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not a precedent - we've a bunch of non-ASF jars in the snapshot
> repository provided that a) they're acceptable licensing for us and b)
> we document who they are there for (I've been putting READMEs in
> there).
>
> So fine for this to be there in my opinion, as long as we know about it.
>
> Hen

I guess my concern is

1. apache infrastructure redistributing stuff from untrusted 3rd
parties. this is why the main repo is at ibiblio, no?

2. extra bandwidth costs

-steve

Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I finally found a place to store them at codehaus, but I'll know it for the
future.

thx henri

Arnaud

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I'll see with Jason if we can create one on maven.org

Thx

Arnaud

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.