Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2016/06/01 11:01:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating RC2

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of

  Apache Taverna Engine 3.1.0-incubating
  Apache Taverna Common Activities 2.1.0-incubating
  Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating

This is the second release candidate, fixing TAVERNA-975 and TAVERNA-973.
If you tested RC1 earlier, make sure you delete the folder
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/taverna/ before building this release candidate.

To discuss this release candidate, use the corresponding [DISCUSS] thread.

Apache Taverna Engine executes Taverna workflows, defined using
Apache Taverna Language or Taverna 2's .t2flow format, and
provides OSGi services for monitoring and controlling the
detailed execution of workflow.

Apache Taverna Common Activities provide bindings for the
Taverna Engine to invoke activities such as
command line tools (local/ssh), Beanshell scripts,
REST and WSDL services, spreadsheet import and
user interactions.

Apache Taverna Command-line Tool provides a shell command
for executing Taverna workflows, with output of results to either
a folder or a Research Object bundle including detailed provenance.
In addition to the Taverna Common Activities, the Command-line
supports plugins using Taverna OSGi services.

The release candidates to be voted over are available at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/rc2/ (r13865)

  SHA-1 checksums:

cb0176c33391d1c2d17eae973e0d665cc90bbc94
apache-taverna-commandline-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
1c0446734950c7360aa0d1c95952d0acb148a783
apache-taverna-common-activities-2.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
a021e8b278685d25839b508b8ab727c28916325a
apache-taverna-engine-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip

  MD5 checksums:

cb0176c33391d1c2d17eae973e0d665cc90bbc94
apache-taverna-commandline-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
1c0446734950c7360aa0d1c95952d0acb148a783
apache-taverna-common-activities-2.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
a021e8b278685d25839b508b8ab727c28916325a
apache-taverna-engine-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip

Build the release candidate *in the above order*, using:

    mvn clean install

Tip: On a multi-core machine with a fast disk you can speed up the
build by turning off anti-virus real-time protection and adding the
mvn parameter -T1C

The release candidates correspond to the following git commits:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-engine.git;a=commit;h=690f751c0e7a0173322e01265358f75d33b14525
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-common-activities.git;a=commit;h=faa8927eff68a50a2b200ce17a54bb2234538b4f
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-commandline.git;a=commit;h=ca496f74e84e6ec2cb2a4e2eddeb655c2d15a20a

Release candidates are signed with a GPG key available at:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/taverna/KEYS

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetaverna-1014/

The changelog for this release is available from JIRA:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318322&version=12332249
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318322&version=12332250
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318322&version=12335847

Please vote on releasing these packages as:

  Apache Taverna Engine 3.1.0-incubating
  Apache Taverna Common Activities 2.1.0-incubating
  Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a
majority of at least three +1 Apache Taverna PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just
committers, please feel free to try out the release candidate
and provide your votes.

How to review a release candidate? https://s.apache.org/review-release

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.
There is no #3. I just forgot to adjust the numbers.

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Yes, this is a clear -1, so I'm cancelling this RC.

I think these snuck past the apache-rat check as they contains BOTH
ASF and LGPL headers.

Thanks for checking, Alan!

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 02-Jun-16 17:01, Gale Naylor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am finding University of Manchester copyright notices on many of the
> files in taverna-provenanceconnector. This is not allowed, right? (
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers)
>
> For example:
> src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/provenance/api/ProvenanceAccess.java
>
> and all the java files in
> /src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/provenance/lineageservice/types/

I can confirm that the files have the old Manchester license at the top
with the Apache license later on. Github found several
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-engine/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=University+of+Manchester

I checked the common activities and commandline and they seem OK.

> Gale

Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating RC2

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 1 June 2016 at 12:01, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>   SHA-1 checksums:
>
> cb0176c33391d1c2d17eae973e0d665cc90bbc94
> apache-taverna-commandline-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
> 1c0446734950c7360aa0d1c95952d0acb148a783
> apache-taverna-common-activities-2.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
> a021e8b278685d25839b508b8ab727c28916325a
> apache-taverna-engine-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
>

>   MD5 checksums:

Sorry for copy/paste error - correct md5sums should be

db4309131f4330832736586f6357d691
apache-taverna-commandline-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
03c62e8d0d8a8862638655a3591597ba
apache-taverna-common-activities-2.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip
8113656bf4ac8ed4e5ed88cb1b0da15d