Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Santosh Joshi <sa...@apsolve.com> on 2004/01/14 18:18:31 UTC

Multi-Threading issue?

Dear All,

I have been experimenting with AXIS for a while now. I am using Tomcat 4.1.X and AXIS 1.1 (final).

I have it all wonderfully configured and up and running, successfully. I am quiet impressed by the way it easily inter-operated with .NET without much efforts.

I have been noting a peculiar problem with Threading though. Only two threads are spawned at any given point of time, through my end-point!!??

I have an end point which has an "application" scope and logs each entry and exit from the end point methods. The multi-threaded requests that I am sending from client side are heavy ones and take several seconds to complete in the Server.

If I pass 4 client requests then I get 2 server 'processing' messages each time.

I am puzzled, any ideas?

Any pointers, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Santosh

Re: Multi-Threading issue?

Posted by Steffen Mayer <st...@lycos.de>.
Hi,

i am not sure if i understand you. So correct or ignore me ... :-)

Application means the server creates only one endpoint-object for
all clients.

Greetings,
Steffen

Re: Multi-Threading issue?

Posted by François Schiettecatte <fr...@fsconsult.com>.
Santosh

I would be curious (and grateful) to know what you find out about this.

How do you go about listing the threads currently running on the server?

Cheers

François