Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Niket Anand <ni...@npi.stpn.soft.net> on 2002/07/05 14:01:53 UTC

SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client

Hi All,
This is my first mail in this mailing list.
I have installed soap 2.3.1 with Tomcat4.0.4-b3.
I am seeing welcome page at
http://localhost:8080/soap
and properly deployed sample examples using
http://localhost:8080/soap/admin/index.html.
On running client I am getting following error:-

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=Connec
tion aborted by peer: JVM_recv in socket input stream read;
targetException=java
.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: JVM_recv in socket input
strea
m read]
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:358)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at onjava.CalcClient.main(CalcClient.java:31)

Can anybody help me out of this problem?
What could be the problem as I have properly installed soap with tomcat as
per instruction in installtion doc?
Pls reply asap.
Thanks
Niket

Re: SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Niket,

Are you certain that there is not a different soap.jar in any of the
directories Tomcat loads classes from?  With Tomcat 4.0, you do not need to
change catalina.bat in any way, nor do you need to copy and SOAP jar or
class files to any place other than a directory under Tomcat's webapps
directory.

I have not used 4.0.4-b3, so I do not know if it might have issues that are
the cause of this.  I recommend checking the Tomcat logs (all logs, e.g.
catalina_log, localhost_access_log, localhost_log), though, in case Tomcat
has logged a root cause for this.

Scott Nichol