Posted to user@struts.apache.org by maya <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/16 15:42:29 UTC

hi,

how do you load tiles dynamically in response to user input..
I have classic setting of nav on the left and main content to the right
of nav tile..  how do I load tiles dynamically in main-content tile in
response to what link user clicks in left nav? (I mean same principle as
when you load frames dynamically in a frameset..)

am using Struts 1.1..

thank you..

[tiles] Re: loading tiles dynamically...

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.
maya ha scritto:
> hi,
>
> how do you load tiles dynamically in response to user input..
> I have classic setting of nav on the left and main content to the
> right of nav tile..  how do I load tiles dynamically in main-content
> tile in response to what link user clicks in left nav? (I mean same
> principle as when you load frames dynamically in a frameset..)
First of all Tiles are not frames! Look at the end of this page:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsDocTiles

Anyway it all depends on what you mean "dinamically".
If you have a single "main-content" for each link, then I suggest to
create a Tiles definition for each link extended from the base one, then
forward to the correct definition in each Struts action.
If you want "more dinamicity" :-) you can <put> in your definition an
URL and not a simple JSP page. This URL (it can be also a Struts action)
decides which will be the next JSP page depending on your criteria, and
forward to it.
Notice anyway that the first option is the easiest.

HTH
Antonio