Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/27 13:09:47 UTC

Quirks when running Netbeans 11.3 on a laptop

Hi

I just wanted to know if people had noticed the following when running
netbeans 11.3 on their laptop (not sure if it happens on earlier versions
or not)

I'm running on Ubuntu and using java 13

1. After closing the laptop lid and letting it suspend (or hibernate, same
thing), the line numbers disappear when I re open the laptop and it resumes.

2. After closing the laptop and letting it suspend (or hibernate, same
thing), you can't search or search and replace after it resumes. The short
cut keys don't work and the menu items are Grey's out.

Both the above two are fixed with a netbeans restart.

3. After changing to tablet mode on my laptop, netbeans sometimes gets in
to bad state where one window always has the focus no matter which window I
try and click in. I can put the mouse pointer in another windows and click
and hold to select text but it always does the actions in the window where
the focus is stuck

This is fixed only by restarting the whole laptop, the problem persists on
a restart of netbeans.

I appreciate these could be java issues (the last one definitely happened
on earlier versions of java and netbeans), but I don't know 100%

Thanks

Peter

Re: Quirks when running Netbeans 11.3 on a laptop

Posted by Alan <ne...@ambitonline.com>.
I'm running Windows 10, Java 13.0.2 on a laptop that gets locked but
never put to sleep and have noticed the "line numbers disappear" and
"locked focus" issues, but not the other issues. In every case an IDE
restart has solved the problem. I don't use tablet mode, although I have
an external tablet, so there's an active driver.