Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Krishna Rao <kr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/13 18:26:46 UTC

Add external jars automatically

Hi all,

I'm using the hive json serde and need to run: "ADD JAR
/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-json-serde-0.2.jar;", before I can use tables that
require it.

Is it possible to have this jar available automatically?

I could do it via adding the statement to a .hiverc file, but I was
wondering if there is some better way...

Cheers,

Krishna

Re: Add external jars automatically

Posted by Krishna Rao <kr...@gmail.com>.
Ah great, the auxlib dir option sounds perfect.

Cheers

Posted by Alex Kozlov <al...@cloudera.com>.