Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by nealw <ne...@e-travelmedia.com> on 2007/04/14 03:30:15 UTC

Plugins Question (fields vs. raw-fields)

Nutch 0.81

I am writing a simple plugin to query words in the title and I am trying to
figure out the difference between "fields" and "raw-fields"...

I have been looking at how the other plugin's were written and see both
being used.  query-site uses "raw-fields" and the others use "fields".
What's the difference?

 <parameter name="fields" value="title"/>
OR
 <parameter name="raw-fields" value="title"/>

Which one should I use?

Thanks,

Neal

/home/user/site.com/nutch/nutch/src/plugin/query-title/plugin.xml
-----------------------------------------------------------plugin.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<plugin
   id="query-title"
   name="TITLE Query Filter"
   version="1.0.0"
   provider-name="nutch.org">

   <runtime>
      <library name="query-title.jar">
         <export name="*"/>
      </library>
   </runtime>

   <requires>
      <import plugin="nutch-extensionpoints"/>
   </requires>

   <extension id="org.apache.nutch.searcher.title.TITLEQueryFilter"
              name="Nutch TITLE Query Filter"
              point="org.apache.nutch.searcher.QueryFilter">
      <implementation id="TITLEQueryFilter"

class="org.apache.nutch.searcher.title.TITLEQueryFilter">
        <parameter name="fields or raw-fields" value="title"/>
      </implementation>

   </extension>

</plugin>