Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/07 13:01:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release activation and jsvamail spec jars + javamail provider jars.

[ ] +1 - Release the jars
[ ] 0 - No opinion
[ ] -1 - Do not release the jars

We're voting on the following which are required for the Geronimo 2.1
release:

1)  Release 1.0.0 of the activation 1.1 spec API.  The artifact in
question is geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1.  This is the OSGIfied
jar file, needed because of the javamail dependency.   The release
archive is located here:

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/releases/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1.tar.gz

The current branch used to build the release candidate is at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1

The tag will be created at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1

2)  Release 1.2 of the javamail 1.4 spec API.  The artifact in question
is geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2.  This jar has the OSGI changes, plus
a number of bug fixes.  The release archive is located here:

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/releases/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2.tar.gz

The current branch used to build the release candidate is at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2

The tag will be created at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2

3)  Release 1.3 of the javamail 1.4 mail package.  This package includes
new providers for the imap, imaps, and pop3s protocols and a
significantly rewritten version of the pop3 provider. This package has a
top level pom and two child artifacts:

top level pom:  geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.3
javamail providers:  geroinimo_javamail_1.4_provider-1.3
javamail mail:    geroinimo_javamail_1.4_mail-1.3

The geroinimo_javamail_1.4_mail-1.3 artifact is the uber-jar containing
the merged spec and provider class files.  The release archive is
located here:

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/releases/geronimo-javamail_1.4_-1.3.tar.gz

The source used to build this is located at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/branches/geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.3

The tag will be created at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.3

Re: [VOTE] Release activation and jsvamail spec jars + javamail provider jars.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
+1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

+1

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@jnwd.net>.
+1

Jay

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [VOTE] Release activation and jsvamail spec jars + javamail provider jars.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Dec 7, 2007 1:01 PM, Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [ ] +1 - Release the jars
> [ ] 0 - No opinion
> [ ] -1 - Do not release the jars
>

> We're voting on the following which are required for the Geronimo 2.1
> release:
>
> 1)  Release 1.0.0 of the activation 1.1 spec API.  The artifact in
> question is geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1.  This is the OSGIfied
> jar file, needed because of the javamail dependency.   The release
> archive is located here:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/releases/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Erickmcguire/releases/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1.tar.gz>
>
> The current branch used to build the release candidate is at
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1
>
> The tag will be created at
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0.1
>
> 2)  Release 1.2 of the javamail 1.4 spec API.  The artifact in question
> is geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2.  This jar has the OSGI changes, plus
> a number of bug fixes.  The release archive is located here:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/releases/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Erickmcguire/releases/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2.tar.gz>
>
> The current branch used to build the release candidate is at
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/branches/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2
>

> The tag will be created at
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.2
>
> 3)  Release 1.3 of the javamail 1.4 mail package.  This package includes
> new providers for the imap, imaps, and pop3s protocols and a
> significantly rewritten version of the pop3 provider. This package has a
> top level pom and two child artifacts:
>
> top level pom:  geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.3
> javamail providers:  geroinimo_javamail_1.4_provider-1.3
> javamail mail:    geroinimo_javamail_1.4_mail-1.3
>
> The geroinimo_javamail_1.4_mail-1.3 artifact is the uber-jar containing
> the merged spec and provider class files.  The release archive is
> located here:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/releases/geronimo-javamail_1.4_-1.3.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/%7Erickmcguire/releases/geronimo-javamail_1.4_-1.3.tar.gz>
>
> The source used to build this is located at
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/branches/geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.3
>

> The tag will be created at
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/javamail/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.3

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release activation and jsvamail spec jars + javamail provider jars.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 7, 2007 1:36 PM, Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> > I wasn't aware the parent pom had been released yesterday:
> >    http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/1.3/
> > Did I miss something ?
> I wasn't sure a vote was needed on the parent pom...we'd never done that
> before.

Np, I had thought it would be part of the vote.

> > Also, the associated tag (indicated in the pom) is missing:
> >    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_3
> Yes, sorry.  I forgot to move that from branches to tags.

Great, thx for doing so.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 7, 2007, at 7:01 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> [ ] +1 - Release the jars
> [ ] 0 - No opinion
> [ ] -1 - Do not release the jars

+1