Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Alexander Frolushkin <ia...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/22 04:59:57 UTC

Bigtop error on Centos 7

Hello everyone.

Looks like Bigtop mailing lists is not very active, but I still hope
someone could help me.

We are trying to employ BigTop to build own hadoop repository (./gradlew
hadoop-rpm), but after all efforts still getting error on zookeeper version
dependency:

-org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager:2.8.5

it wants -org.apache.zookeeper:zookeeper:3.4.6

while all other conponents depends on -org.apache.zookeeper:zookeeper:3.4.13

so we got:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:1.3.1:enforce (depcheck) on
project hadoop-yarn-server-tests

Please advise me some solution for this show stopper, if possible. Thanks!

Re: Bigtop error on Centos 7

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Alexander, for bringing this up.

I don't see anything wrong with the way you're starting the build,
except that official CI is now using "hadoop-pkg-ind" target and build
then pulls in a correct container automatically. But I see you already
tried that one.

As a side note, I am looking at [1] and see the following error (which
seems to be there for some time):

Plugin [id: 'de.undercouch.download', version: '3.2.0'] was not found in
any of the following sources:

- Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace)
- Plugin Repositories (could not resolve plugin artifact
'de.undercouch.download:de.undercouch.download.gradle.plugin:3.2.0')
   Searched in the following repositories:
     Gradle Central Plugin Repository

Unfortunately, it is hard to tell what kind of error you're getting in
your build. Any chance you can publish a snippet of the actual logs,
rather than a screenshot?

Thanks,Cos

[1]
https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/COMPONENTS=hadoop,OS=centos-7/567/console

Re: Bigtop error on Centos 7

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Oh, that's great.
Would you like to report a bug to Bigtop JIRA and attach a patch to fix it?
A patch can be applied when building. Just need to placing a .diff patch
file under bigtop-packages/src/common/hadoop. You can find two examples
there:
* patch0-HADOOP-12366.-expose-calculated-paths.diff
* patch2-HADOOP-14597.diff

Alexander Frolushkin <ia...@gmail.com> 於 2020年1月27日 週一 22:54 寫道:

Re: Bigtop error on Centos 7

Posted by Alexander Frolushkin <ia...@gmail.com>.