Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/06 23:08:17 UTC

.NET Core/Standard 2.0 Status

   - The .NET Core 2.0 runtime has shipped.
   - The .NET Core 2.0 SDK is still in preview
   - Visual studio 2017 Preview 2 supports building .NET Core/Standard 2.0
   (Hurrah!) (You can install it from here
   https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/preview/ which is just an update that
   makes the 2017 installer/updater also show the preview version)
   - VS 2017 does not install the .NET Core SDK which you have to install
   from here: https://github.com/dotnet/cli/tree/release/2.0.0 (Make sure
   the branch is set to release/2.0.0 and go to the bottom of the page)

I was able to make a .NET Core 2.0 console app in VS 2017 and a .NET
Standard 2.0 lib build link and run them. If this does not work on the
first try doing what I have listed below. It seems the nuget cache needs to
be primed. You may also need to add the nuget.config file to you VS 2017
project.

   - Create a temporary directory and cd into it.
   - Run
      - dotnet new console
      - dotnet restore
      - dotnet build
      - dotnet run
   - You may have to add the following nuget.cofig (Scott Inglis figured
   this out and filed a bug against .NET Core 2.0)

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?
 <configuration>
     <packageSources>
         <add key="dotnet" value="
https://dotnet.myget.org/F/dotnet-core/api/v3/index.json" />
     </packageSources>
 </configuration>

Re: .NET Core/Standard 2.0 Status

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.
I was able to build the .NET Core 2.0 version of Microsoft Avro we created
on github with VS 2017 preview 2 for the first time. I pushed new nuget
packages to nuget.org.

Doug

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.

--