Posted to user@flume.apache.org by igor Finkelshteyn <ie...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 00:39:01 UTC

Flume (NG?) with S3 Sink?

Hi Folks,
I'm completely new to flume, but was hoping to use it as a way to collect logs on a couple web servers and funnel them to an s3 sink in Avro. I've found a tutorial for doing this on Flume OG, but am thinking I should probably just work with Flume NG for a new project if that's possible. Is there a prebuilt s3 sink for Flume NG that I can use? Can I just use the HDFS sink and provide some extra parameters to get it to work with s3? Or should I just use Flume OG?I'd also be open to using something else entirely that has better s3 support, like FluentD, if that makes more sense. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Igor

Re: Flume (NG?) with S3 Sink?

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
FLUME-1015 is saying we could use the Hadoop S3 FileSystem
abstraction. If it doesn't work, it's likely a hadoop problem.
FLUME-951 is for implementing a direct to S3 sink.

Re: Flume (NG?) with S3 Sink?

Posted by "Bhaskar V. Karambelkar" <bh...@gmail.com>.
There's a project over at Github
https://github.com/Hobsons/hobsons-flumeng-s3-sink