Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Yufei Gu <fl...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/01 01:21:51 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.11.1 RC0

+1 (non-binding)

1. ran RAT checks.
2. build and test.

Best,

Yufei

`This is not a contribution`

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

   - Ran RAT checks
   - Validated checksum and signature
   - Built and tested
   - Ran simple tests with Spark 3.0.1 and a local FS catalog

I also hit a strange issue that may be a flaky test. During testing,
TestHiveIcebergStorageHandlerWithEngine.testInsertSupportedTypes failed in
all 6 configurations with MR. Looks like a time zone issue because the
value was off by 8 hours and I’m in UTC-8. This didn’t happen when I ran
the suite again and it doesn’t look like anyone else has hit it. My guess
is that it’s some test issue where Hive interacts with the JVM-global time
zone or something.

org.apache.iceberg.mr.hive.TestHiveIcebergStorageHandlerWithEngine >
testInsertSupportedTypes[fileFormat=PARQUET, engine=mr,
catalog=CUSTOM_CATALOG] FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<1992-02-26T11:20:57.391728Z>
but was:<1992-02-26T19:20:57.391728Z>
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
        at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:834)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:118)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:144)
        at org.apache.iceberg.mr.hive.HiveIcebergTestUtils.assertEquals(HiveIcebergTestUtils.java:202)
        at org.apache.iceberg.mr.hive.HiveIcebergTestUtils.validateData(HiveIcebergTestUtils.java:245)
        at org.apache.iceberg.mr.hive.HiveIcebergTestUtils.validateData(HiveIcebergTestUtils.java:228)
        at org.apache.iceberg.mr.hive.TestHiveIcebergStorageHandlerWithEngine.testInsertSupportedTypes(TestHiveIcebergStorageHandlerWithEngine.java:326)

Since this passes for everyone else, Hive is experimental, and it passed
when I re-ran, I don’t think it’s a blocker.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer