Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/09/01 05:39:40 UTC

FileStoreObjectInputStream

Hi Paul,

I put off doing this because I figured you would be using it. But when you
have the time to fix it all up would you be able to move cornerstones
FileStoreObjectInputStream to exclibur .. perhaps as
io.ClassLoaderObjectInputStream or something ???

Thanks ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: FileStoreObjectInputStream

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Charles Benett wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:

> > > Moved & booked in.    Thought originally you were talking of the whole
> > > filestore, but it's just the InputStream...
> > >
> > > Still have not resolved excalbur jar name.  Shall I go ahead with name
> > > of  ...
> > >
> > >    avalon-excalibur-4.0b5dev.jar
> > >
> > > ... throughout packages?
> >
> > For the packages that absolutlely must be updated I would go
> >
> > avalon-excalibur-20010901.jar (ie unreleased CVS version built on specified
> > date)
> >
> > For those that don't need to be updated or can live with last released
> > version then leave them with
> >
> > avalon-excalibur-4.0b4.jar (ie released version)
> >

> +1 makes sense to me

+1 makes sense to me, too.

Giacomo

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.

>io.ClassLoaderObjectInputStream sounds good to me unless there is objections.

Moved & booked in.    Thought originally you were talking of the whole
filestore, but it's just the InputStream...

Still have not resolved excalbur jar name.  Shall I go ahead with name
of  ...

   avalon-excalibur-4.0b5dev.jar

... throughout packages?

- Paul H

Re: FileStoreObjectInputStream

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 17:31, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> >Hi Paul,
> >
> >I put off doing this because I figured you would be using it. But when you
> >have the time to fix it all up would you be able to move cornerstones
> >FileStoreObjectInputStream to exclibur .. perhaps as
> >io.ClassLoaderObjectInputStream or something ???
>
> No probs, and yes I am using it.  Even had it modded at Xmas to allow
> the various classloader de-serialization thing (which is still needed).
>  I can move it if you like, just give me the new final name(s) and
> location....

io.ClassLoaderObjectInputStream sounds good to me unless there is objections.

>Somehow I expect you have it ready for commit already though ;-)

naah .. just been on my todo list for a while ;)

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>Hi Paul,
>
>I put off doing this because I figured you would be using it. But when you
>have the time to fix it all up would you be able to move cornerstones
>FileStoreObjectInputStream to exclibur .. perhaps as
>io.ClassLoaderObjectInputStream or something ???

No probs, and yes I am using it.  Even had it modded at Xmas to allow
the various classloader de-serialization thing (which is still needed).
 I can move it if you like, just give me the new final name(s) and
location....  Somehow I expect you have it ready for commit already
though ;-)

- PH