Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by 大肉丸 <38...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2023/04/04 10:38:33 UTC

kafka rebalancing problem

Excuse me, I would like to ask you a question:

I have two topic,every topic only have 1 participation, theirs name are topic-A and topic B, and my broker set auto.create.topics.enable=false (its important!)

And now I start consumer-A listen topic-A, and start consumer-B listen topic-B, and this perform normal. (consumer-A and consumer-B belong to the same consumer group,lets say the name is group_test)

When i start a consumer-C to listen a Topic that doesn't exist, and consumer-C is also belong to the "group_test" consumer group,  it will always be rebalancing!!!

I don't know the reason, I thought one of them would not consume, but the result is that it has been rebalancing, could you please tell me the reason?

Re: kafka rebalancing problem

Posted by ziming deng <de...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for reporting this, if you can stably reproduce it, you can create a JIRA ticket to track it. You are also welcomed if you can submit a PR to fix it.

- -
Best,
Ziming.