Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2009/07/15 00:54:22 UTC

[Axis2] Engage module (Rampart) at operation level on client?

Are you supposed to be able to engage a module such as Rampart at the
operation level in client code (rather than for the service as a whole)?
I've tried the following, which looks like it should work based on the API:

        // find the rampart module from configuration
        ServiceClient client = stub._getServiceClient();
        *AxisModule rampart =
client.getAxisConfiguration().getModule("rampart");*

        // configure username token policy for retrieval operations
        Policy policy = loadPolicy("username-policy.xml");
        AxisOperation getbytype = client.getAxisService().
            getOperation(new QName("http://ws.sosnoski.com/library/wsdl",
            "getBooksByType"));
        getbytype.applyPolicy(policy);
        *getbytype.addModule("rampart");*
        *getbytype.engageModule(rampart);*

Didn't work with 1.5 unless I engaged Rampart using the
client.engageModule() method, though.

  - Dennis