Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2009/02/18 17:33:23 UTC

Solr training at ApacheCon Europe

Dear Solr Users -

I am offering a one day Solr training (titled Solr Boot Camp) at
ApacheCon Europe on March 24.  The  class is designed to cover Solr
from start to finish - installing, indexing your content numerous ways
(XML, CSV, database, client API, DataImportHandler, etc), how to use
the key bells and whistles including spell checking, highlighting,
faceting, and all the way up to what it takes to build an end
application on your platform.  I include examples for working with
Solr in various environments, from JSON to XML, to Java, to PHP, to
Ruby (on Rails).

Also, if you come to the training, stay for the conference, as there
will be several talks on the Lucene ecosystem:   See http://lucene.apache.org/#09+February+2009+-+Lucene+at+ApacheCon+Europe+2009+in+Amsterdam
    The ApacheCon conference is the official conference of the Apache
Software Foundation and is a great place to learn and interact with
the developers of your favorite Apache projects.

If you have questions or aren't sure if the course is appropriate for
you, you can email me offlist.

For more info and to register, see http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/sessions/201

Thanks,
	Erik
         www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Solr training at ApacheCon Europe

Posted by Vernon Chapman <ch...@gmail.com>.
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Dear Solr Users -
>
> I am offering a one day Solr training (titled Solr Boot Camp) at
> ApacheCon Europe on March 24.  The  class is designed to cover Solr
> from start to finish - installing, indexing your content numerous ways
> (XML, CSV, database, client API, DataImportHandler, etc), how to use
> the key bells and whistles including spell checking, highlighting,
> faceting, and all the way up to what it takes to build an end
> application on your platform.  I include examples for working with
> Solr in various environments, from JSON to XML, to Java, to PHP, to
> Ruby (on Rails).
>
> Also, if you come to the training, stay for the conference, as there
> will be several talks on the Lucene ecosystem:   See
> http://lucene.apache.org/#09+February+2009+-+Lucene+at+ApacheCon+Europe+2009+in+Amsterdam
> The ApacheCon conference is the official conference of the Apache
> Software Foundation and is a great place to learn and interact with
> the developers of your favorite Apache projects.
>
> If you have questions or aren't sure if the course is appropriate for
> you, you can email me offlist.
>
> For more info and to register, see
> http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/sessions/201
>
> Thanks,
>     Erik
>         www.lucidimagination.com

Erik ,

    I was just wondering if you planned on doing something similar in
the U.S.? I would love to attend apachecon but boss probably won't go
for it.

Thanks

Vernon Chapman
g8tor

Re: Solr training at ApacheCon Europe

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Thanks for the interest from Vernon, Markus, and Jon.

<commercial>
Note that beyond ApacheCon's, our company, Lucid Imagination, offers
Solr (and Lucene) training.  We can customize training to suit your
needs.  If you'd like more information or to request a training in
your organization, e-mail us at training@lucidimagination.com
</commercial>

And for the community at large, check out our Solr-powered search
system to search this e-mail list, and all other lucene.apache.org
lists, and wiki, website, JIRA issues/comments, Java code, and our own
growing list of articles and blog entries:

   http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Give it a few minutes, and this very e-mail will be there :)

	Erik

Posted by "Markus Jelsma - Buyways B.V." <ma...@buyways.nl>.
This is very interesting!