Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mark Greene <mg...@hubspot.com> on 2012/11/28 19:37:38 UTC

Slower batch write performance in CDH4

Hi,

We have been testing CDH4.1 batch write performance and have found that it
is almost an order of magnitude slower than existing clusters on CDH3.

We have a similar configuration in terms of hardware, topology, and
replication factor.

Our test sends a batches of 25 PUT and DELETE operations. Each batch has
exclusively one or the other of those two types. The performance we are
seeing with CDH4.1 is ranging from 800-1200ms consistently  We run the test
for several minutes with no variation in performance. The performance we
see in CDH3 is around 20-110ms consistently.

Is anyone else seeing performance similar to this for batch writes?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Re: Slower batch write performance in CDH4

Posted by Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda <ml...@uci.cu>.
Regards, Mark.
The best way to answer that is in the CDH mailing lists.

Enviados: MiƩrcoles, 28 de Noviembre 2012 13:37:38
Asunto: Slower batch write performance in CDH4

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci