Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Anıl Chalil <an...@globalmaksimum.com> on 2021/02/03 11:46:31 UTC

[Rust][Datafusion] Dataframe api sync send

Hi,
I am new to rust so my question can be nonsense so thank you for your
patience in advance. I am trying implement a small single node query
service and it will return its data over grpc(not flight). When i try to
use execution context and dataframe api behind a tonic service,compiler
gives error:
the trait Sync is not implemented for dyn datafusion::dataframe::DataFrame
as i understand all futures should be sync+send for tonic and currently
dataframe api is not sync+send. Are there any plans to make it sync+send?
Or should i look for other ways to implement it?Currently i am using this
method
https://docs.rs/tokio/1.1.1/tokio/task/struct.LocalSet.html#use-inside-tokiospawn

Best Regards...

Re: [Rust][Datafusion] Dataframe api sync send

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
Awesome -- I polished up the PR and I think it is now ready to review.
Hopefully we'll get it merged in (assuming there are no objections) in the
next few days

Andrew

Posted by Anıl Chalil <an...@globalmaksimum.com>.
Hi Andrew,