Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/07/16 23:35:46 UTC

[VOTE] [Results] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.7

Here's the vote results

+1 (binding)

Steve Loughran
Kihwal Lee
Jason Lowe

+1 non-binding

Eric Badger
Kuhu Shukla
Zsolt Venczel
Kitti Nánási
Gabor Bota
Ajay Kumar

(Special praise to the Cloudera Hungary team for their due diligence there)

I see the rules say "lazy majority of PMC", but I don't think we are ever that rigorous. I'm going to declare the vote success and get on with the new step.

However, I am travelling to the US in ~4h time, so I'm not going to finish this off until Wednesday: for now, consider the RC good

-Steve

Re: [VOTE] [Results] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.7

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
For the curious, the maven artifacts are now up; the tarballs will be making their way through the mirrors before the release is complete. But for now: you can do maven/ant/sbt/gradle builds and pick up the artifacts.

if you did this with the staging artifacts, know that I did a rebuild of these JARs as per the release instructions; what is up on the central repo now != what you would have got from downloading the RC JARs. rm your ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop tree if you want to clean up your build of the older version -and indeed, of older versions of Hadoop.

-Steve