Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by "Keith R. Bennett" <kb...@bbsinc.biz> on 2007/10/15 20:36:34 UTC

Test Error from Recent Commit

Sami -

On a fresh checkout (Last Changed Rev: 584811), I got the following error
when doing a mvn test:

Failed tests:
  testParseUTF8(org.apache.tika.parser.html.HtmlParserTest)

Is it possible that it's an encoding issue?  Maybe your default encoding is
not Unicode and handles these characters correctly, but other encodings do
not?

- Keith

Re: Test Error from Recent Commit

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Keith R. Bennett wrote:
> Sami -
>
> On a fresh checkout (Last Changed Rev: 584811), I got the following error
> when doing a mvn test:
>
> Failed tests:
>   testParseUTF8(org.apache.tika.parser.html.HtmlParserTest)
>
> Is it possible that it's an encoding issue?  Maybe your default encoding is
> not Unicode and handles these characters correctly, but other encodings do
> not?

I am having hard time in finding a configuration where the test case
would fail.

can you please give me more details and perhaps the exact assert that fails.

--
 Sami Siren

Re: Test Error from Recent Commit

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
Keith R. Bennett wrote:
> Sami -
>
> On a fresh checkout (Last Changed Rev: 584811), I got the following error
> when doing a mvn test:
>
> Failed tests:
>   testParseUTF8(org.apache.tika.parser.html.HtmlParserTest)
>
> Is it possible that it's an encoding issue?  Maybe your default encoding is
> not Unicode and handles these characters correctly, but other encodings do
> not?

ok, sorry about that, I just disabled the test and will do more digging
tomorrow.

--
 Sami Siren