Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr> on 2008/06/25 11:54:05 UTC

Jpeg with ICC profile appears yellow

Hi list,

When I use attached Jpeg file in XSL-FO to get a PDF, the result show
the picture with yellow dominant color.
The file is saved under Photoshop with adobe RVB profile (1998).

Checked with FOP 0.95beta, latest SVN 0.95 branch, latest SVN trunk.
Both Adobe and Foxit readers show same result.
I use JDK 1.6.0_06.

I get the same result:
 - whatever the value of <disable-srgb-colorspace> (true or false)
 - when using ICC CoatedFOGRA27.icc (from
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color on windows machine) in config
file
 - when enabling PDF/X

Note that I get a expected result if I remove ICC profile from file.

Unfortunately, I cannot remove the profile in the production
environment.

The test image is an alteration of the following image, free of charge:
http://wir.free.fr/Wir/images/street_life/des_gens___people/dscf4369.jpg

Any idea?

Pascal

Re: Jpeg with ICC profile appears yellow

Posted by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com>.
> Any idea?

This might be the same problem I discussed in a private exchange with
Jeremias a few weeks back. There is a problem with how color profiles are
copied. Conclusion at that time was

"Apparently the embedded ICC profile in the pdf file that FOP creates
is wrong. The last four bytes are nul iso the correct values. This is
the Z component of the BlueColorant Tag. The result is a yellow shift."

Now, I thought issue was fixed in trunk, but it might be the trunk or latest
of xmlgraphics. Don't have the details on that.

Hth,

Peter