Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Xin Cai <xi...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/23 05:19:44 UTC

How to define Json list in schema in xml

hi guys
I am looking to parse a json file that contains fields that has a list of
schools

So for example I would have

{"Schools":[
name: "Seirra High School",
name: "Walnut elementary School"]}

So if I want to be able to index all the different schools so i can fast
look up with people that went to a certain school, what is the best way for
me to define the schema file? I have looked around and I don't think Solr
has a native support for list but I can be wrong because list is used so
often....Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Xin Cai

Re: How to define Json list in schema in xml

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
A multiValued="true" string field is what you're after here.

   Erik