Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Harald Wehr <hw...@hs-harz.de> on 2004/05/04 08:02:04 UTC

Webdav Repository

Sorry for cross-posting. I posted following mail to user list but did
not get an answer:

I searched user and dev list for hints on how to place the publications
on a webdav server without success. I noticed that there will be a docu
some time in the future ...

For the moment I need an entry point on this. Here are some questions :

- Is there any global configuration property to tell Lenya that all pubs
are located on a webdav server like http://127.0.0.1/webdav/pubs?
- If not, what changes have to be made to a publication config files?
Which pipelines are responsible for reading content not from filesystem
but from a webdav repository?
- I found a "slide"-folder in the lenya-webapp. Does lenya use the
cocoon-webdav block or the slide-block? What is this folder currently for?

Thanks for your help

--
Harald Wehr

Institut für Tourismus- und Geo-Informationssysteme GmbH
Sitz: Friedrichstraße 57-59 38855 Wernigerode

Büro: Gießerweg 5
       38855 Wernigerode            Web:     http://www.itgis.com
                                    Tel:     03943/557807
                                    Fax:     03943/557808

Das Internet-Lexikon Knowlex - Ein Service der ITGIS GmbH
http://www.knowlex.org

Privat: http://www.harald-wehr.de

Re: Webdav Repository

Posted by Jan Metzner <jm...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Harald Wehr wrote:
> A "meantime" solution might be to put Lenya on top a local SVN workspace
> and allow Lenya to update and commit via SVN.
If you use linux you could also try an other scenario:
Install davfs filesystem - this mounts a webdav repository on a local
file system. I have not tested this, but it could work. Have a look at
http://dav.sf.net/ for more info about davfs.

ciao Jan

Re: Webdav Repository

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Harald Wehr wrote:

> I think that is not an option for us, so we can live with normal
> filesystem.
>
> Is there a mechanism to put the content and resources folder outside
> the webapp?

no, currently there is no configuration for that. All paths are
currently relative
to the corresponding sitemaps.

> As we develop our webapp while it is online the update process is
> quite painful as content, layout and controlling thins are mixed.

yes, I understand. We are using the exclude properties to handle that
problem
for the moment. Take a look at build.properties and grep for exludes ...

> Do you have _one_ global option that tells lenya to get the content
> from an absolute path like:
> file:///lenyacontent/pub1 ?
> Or do we have to modify all the sitemaps and stylesheets?

I am afraid so. As I said before we are aware of the problem and will
tackling it
as soon as possible.

Michi

> Thanks
> Harald

Michael Wechner

Re: Webdav Repository

Posted by Harald Wehr <hw...@hs-harz.de>.
Michael

> it's the same problem as is being discussed within the recent "Postgresql"
> thread
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.user/2497
>
> which means you need to update some generators, the  creators, the
> publishers, etc.
>
> As Christian is mentioning we want to implement a repository layer as
> soon as possible. But it would still require a WebDAV store implementation.
>
> A "meantime" solution might be to put Lenya on top a local SVN workspace
> and allow Lenya to update and commit via SVN.

I think that is not an option for us, so we can live with normal
filesystem.

Is there a mechanism to put the content and resources folder outside the
webapp? As we develop our webapp while it is online the update process
is quite painful as content, layout and controlling thins are mixed. Do

Jakarta Slide (Re: Webdav Repository)

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
> As Christian is mentioning we want to implement a repository layer as
> soon as possible. But it would still require a WebDAV store implementation.

Jakarta Slide 2.0 was released today:
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/download.html

Andreas

Re: Webdav Repository

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Harald Wehr wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> >
> > I am not sure how you want to use WebDAV
> >
> > 1) Use Lenya/Cocoon as a WebDAV server?
> > 2) Lenya/Cocoon reads/write from/to a WebDAV server?
> > 3) or both?
> >

> I want the second option

it's the same problem as is being discussed within the recent "Postgresql"
thread

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.user/2497

which means you need to update some generators, the  creators, the
publishers, etc.

As Christian is mentioning we want to implement a repository layer as
soon as possible. But it would still require a WebDAV store implementation.

A "meantime" solution might be to put Lenya on top a local SVN workspace
and allow Lenya to update and commit via SVN.

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Webdav Repository

Posted by Harald Wehr <hw...@hs-harz.de>.
Hi Michael,

 > I am not sure how you want to use WebDAV
 >
 > 1) Use Lenya/Cocoon as a WebDAV server?
 > 2) Lenya/Cocoon reads/write from/to a WebDAV server?
 > 3) or both?

I want the second option

Harald

--
Harald Wehr

Institut für Tourismus- und Geo-Informationssysteme GmbH
Sitz: Friedrichstrasse 57-59 38855 Wernigerode

Re: Webdav Repository

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Harald Wehr wrote:

> Sorry for cross-posting. I posted following mail to user list but did
> not get an answer:

I have seen it ;-) but didn't get around to answer it yet.

--
Michael Wechner