Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jeff Charette <io...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/11 20:01:52 UTC

Hosting Preference

What is your CouchDB host preference?  Here has been my experience which leaves me as a loss for hosted services.

Cloudant
- doesn't support newest couch techniques like require and I can't find a tutorial to port my couch app.

Iriscouch (currently using)
-  I have nothing but love for these guys, but have had a lot of issues lately.  I've requested an upgrade with no response unfortunetly.
- they are on 1.2.1 which would be great, but 1.2.1 has a big issue which has been fixed for 1.2.2

Others ?

I like the idea of supporting a hosted service, but find myself looking to setup my own.

Jeff Charette | Principal
We Are Charette
web / identity / packaging

m  415.298.2707
w  wearecharette.com
e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Mar 11, 2013, at 20:01 , Jeff Charette <io...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What is your CouchDB host preference?  Here has been my experience which leaves me as a loss for hosted services.
>
> Cloudant
> - doesn't support newest couch techniques like require and I can't find a tutorial to port my couch app.
>
> Iriscouch (currently using)
> -  I have nothing but love for these guys, but have had a lot of issues lately.  I've requested an upgrade with no response unfortunetly.
> - they are on 1.2.1 which would be great, but 1.2.1 has a big issue which has been fixed for 1.2.2

1.2.2 is not a release yet. We don’t recommend hosters run pre-release versions :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Lance Carlson <la...@gmail.com>.
Actually, cloudant doesn't have the rewrite bug. Once they get the security
features from 1.2.x I'll be back. :)

Re: Passing authentication

Posted by Carlos Notebook <ca...@gmail.com>.
Passing the headers is also controlled by a flag in the configuration.

Also, check that no other process / middleware from your platform is
overwriting them.

Re: Passing authentication

Posted by Jeff Charette <io...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Passing authentication

Posted by Stephen Bartell <sn...@gmail.com>.

Passing authentication

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Lance, yes, we'll update the site when the release goes out.

You can also subscribe to the release announcements list by sending an
email to:

announce-subscribe@couchdb.apache.org

--
NS

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Ubuntu (etc) can backport the fix to their 1.2.1 packages any time
they like, they should not need an official release.

B.

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Lance Carlson <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Jeff Charette <io...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Lance Carlson <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hosting Preference

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Probably not the right thread for this.

Note: The Ubuntu package comes from Debian. The Debian maintainer is Laszlo
Boszormenyi, and I do not believe he monitors this list. You're best
reaching out to him and prodding him for updates. (He might also welcome
assistance if you have time to spare!)

--
NS

Re: Hosting Preference