Posted to axkit-dev@xml.apache.org by Jörg Walter <jw...@garni.ch> on 2003/09/23 11:30:37 UTC

perl 5.8.0 and the charset problem

Hi!

Anyone remembers the strange charset problem, apparently fixed with 'use
bytes' at the top of AxKit.pm?

'use bytes' at the top of AxKit.pm breaks AxTraceIntermediate output. I seem
to have had success with adding 'use bytes' inside sub print. At least I
can't see any problems. Can someone else who had these problems, too, check
that?

--
CU
   Joerg

Re: perl 5.8.0 and the charset problem

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On 23 Sep 2003, at 10:30, Jörg Walter wrote:

> Anyone remembers the strange charset problem, apparently fixed with
> 'use
> bytes' at the top of AxKit.pm?
>
> 'use bytes' at the top of AxKit.pm breaks AxTraceIntermediate output.
> I seem
> to have had success with adding 'use bytes' inside sub print. At least
> can't see any problems. Can someone else who had these problems, too,
> check
> that?

I thought I'd changed it to be just that in CVS. Yes, that works fine.

Matt.