Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Kaufman <WK...@viquity.com> on 2001/04/03 20:03:32 UTC

RE: General Architecture

As long as you're submitting your form via POST (not GET), you should be
able to transfer as much data as they can type.  The only problem is, they
can only type as much as the browser lets them.  Most browsers just use the
normal, native editor; on Windows, that's an editor limited to (I think)
16Kb.

The only solutions I know of involve not using an HTML text/textarea:

1) Use a file input.  Let the users type the data into their favorite editor
and upload the resulting file.

2) Write your own editor (e.g., a Java applet or a browser plug-in) and move
the data up to the server using your own transport.

                                                            -- Bill K.