Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Park, Michael" <Mi...@brown.edu> on 2009/09/25 22:50:24 UTC

solr home

I already have a handful of solr instances running .  However, I'm
trying to install solr (1.4) on a new linux server with tomcat using a
context file (same way I usually do):

<Context docBase="/opt/local/solr/apache-solr-1.4.war" debug="0"
crossContext="true">

   <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/opt/local/solr/fedora_solr/" override="true"/>

</Context>

However it throws an exception due to the following:

SEVERE: Could not start SOLR. Check solr/home property

java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in
classpath or 'solr/conf/', cwd=/opt/local/solr/fedora_solr

        at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openResource(SolrResourceLoader.
java:198)

        at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openConfig(SolrResourceLoader.ja
va:166)

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks, Mike