Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "O'Neill, John" <Jo...@ScottForesman.com> on 2003/04/04 18:47:57 UTC

Tomcat Heap creep

I'm running tomcat 4.1.18, with Apache 2.0 on a Solaris 8 box.

When I netstat on the Tomcat connections, after a heavy load on the server
and the server is crawling, I get very large number of established
connections, well above the number on my connector's maxProcessors and
acceptCount.  How and why does this happen?

               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

If I suspect that my application has a memory leak (I've turned up -Xms -Xms
up to 1024), how can I narrow down where it is at?  Is there a way to get
stats on the servlets and jsps?

Thanks,
John

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.