Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Cédric Girard <ce...@jouy.inra.fr> on 2005/03/01 19:15:13 UTC

Disable automatic merge

Hi,

I work with Borland Delphi, tortoiseSVN 1.1.2 and subversion 1.0.1
server under linux.
We often have problems with automatic merge of DFM files (textfile
containing gui description). I want to disable automatic merge, I want
to do all merge by hand.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance
Cédric

--
Cédric GIRARD
BRACER Biotech (INRA)

Re: Disable automatic merge

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
Cédric Girard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work with Borland Delphi, tortoiseSVN 1.1.2 and subversion 1.0.1
> server under linux.
> We often have problems with automatic merge of DFM files (textfile
> containing gui description). I want to disable automatic merge, I want
> to do all merge by hand.
>
> What can I do?

One optioin would be to set the svn:mime-type field to something other
than text/*.  The it will flag everything as a conflict and force you to
merge by hand.

-John

RE: Disable automatic merge

Posted by Dale Worley <dw...@pingtel.com>.
> From: Cédric Girard [mailto:cedric.girard@jouy.inra.fr]

> I want to disable automatic
> merge, I want
> to do all merge by hand.
>
> What can I do?

IIRC, the standard method is "svn --diff-cmd=/bin/false ...".
(--diff3-cmd=/bin/false if you are doing svn merge.)  I may have the details
wrong, but the general idea is that if the external diff program fails, svn
concludes that the change is unmergable and declares a conflict.

Dale