Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2007/06/04 23:43:31 UTC

Preflight check for 2.0.7

I have built a snapshot for 2.0.7 and put it here:

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/

I figure are going to try and squeeze in more issues so what I plan
is let people state their case and I'll slot those into 2.0.8 and
push back whatever I can into 2.0.7 but I would like to call for vote
on Wednesday let people mess around and release it on Monday.

And you can see the roadmap here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG?
report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Preflight check for 2.0.7

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:
> I have built a snapshot for 2.0.7 and put it here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/
>
> I figure are going to try and squeeze in more issues so what I plan is
> let people state their case and I'll slot those into 2.0.8 and push
> back whatever I can into 2.0.7 but I would like to call for vote on
> Wednesday let people mess around and release it on Monday.
Works on a fairly large multiproject (~10-12 artifacts)!
Same problems with the xdoclet plugin as before - adding ant 1.6.5 as a
dep to it fixes the problem.

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: Preflight check for 2.0.7

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 5 Jun 07, at 11:29 PM 5 Jun 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 06/06/2007, at 1:24 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Ok, we have a problem with 2.0.6/2.0.7-SNAPSHOT with the surefire
>> plugin when there are xml classes used in tests. I'm trying this
>> with Russ Tremain at Sun with the JBI components project.
>
> What version of surefire is that using?

All versions of released Surefire with 2.0.6/2.0.7. The only thing
that works is Surefire 2.1.3 with 2.0.5. They just stayed there
because nothing else work but they want to move forward to 2.0.7.

> 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT should be the thing to test if it is not working
> with 2.3.

Cool, I'll get him to try that.

>> I'm going to get him to try a snapshot version of surefire.
>>
>> Brett, is there a new snapshot of surefire up and is it reasonably
>> stable to try. I'm going to try these things first as a lot of
>> classloader stuff is being fixed in surefire so I want to try
>
> Kenney made the last change, so I'm not sure if he's deployed that,
> but I can do that now.

Great, I'll point Russ at that and see if the work you guys have done
solves the problem.

Re: Preflight check for 2.0.7

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Preflight check for 2.0.7

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

RE: Preflight check for 2.0.7

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Seems ok on my build...and I'm usually able to break a new RC right
away.