Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ka...@gi-de.com on 2008/02/25 12:26:26 UTC

"choice" command not found - Problem with ANT 1.7.0 ??

Hello,

we have some larger and older build scripts which are running properly
with ANT 1.6.5.
Our Operating system is  Windows XP SP2 and the scripts are started from a
batch with  "%ANT_HOME%\bin\ant ...".

If i switch to ANT 1.7.0 via the ANT_HOME variable i got the following
error message after the ant-call:
       "Der Befehl "choice" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder konnte
nicht gefunden werden"
This is the german version of the standard message in a command shell for
a unknown command.

This is very strange because ...
   * We don't use the "choice" command anywhere in our batches (we know it
is NOT a standard XP command).
   * We don't use the "input" task anywhere in our scripts (may be it uses
internally the 'choice' ??)
   * The ant scripts itself works properly, the message appears if the
script already has finished and aborts the batch
   * Some newer scripts written within eclipse using the PDE build process
are running properly if started via batch

It would be great if anybody has an explanation / solution for this
behaviour.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards

Karl F. Heintz