Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Rami Jaamour <rj...@parasoft.com> on 2004/05/04 23:53:03 UTC

Absense of KeyInfo causes NullPointerException

OASIS WSS soap message security v1.0 reads, section 7.5, line 809 reads:

<<
7.5 ds:KeyInfo
The <ds:KeyInfo> element (from XML Signature) can be used for carrying
the key information 810 and is allowed for different key types and for
future extensibility.

This implies to me that the KeyInfo Element is optional for XML
signature verification, is it? I couldn't confirm this so far. However,
when attempting to verify a signed message without KeyInfo, WSS4J throws
a NullPointerException from WSSecurityEngine.verifyXMLSignature() near
line 457 because "info" is returned null at
KeyInfo info = sig.getKeyInfo();

Should WSS4J be able to verify a signature even when there is no KeyInfo
element as long as the certificate information is available to it in the
properties?

Rami Jaamour
Software Engineer
SOAPtest <http://www.parasoft.com/jsp/products/home.jsp?product=SOAP>