Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net> on 2003/04/28 18:29:24 UTC

Re: Status of form handling frameworks in Cocoon

I can't speak for the Cocoon community. I can just give you my personal
opinion. Unfortunately you're right, the status of XMLForm is a bit
confusing at the moment. For reasons I don't fully understand, Ivelin
decided to fork his own verion of XMLForm. Although Ivelin deserves
credit both for implementing XMLForm and for doing a good job promoting
it, I am not interested in working on his code base outside of Cocoon.
But I am interested in supporting those who have already started using
XMLForm/Flow. JXForms is simply an attempt to create a suitable
development environment for evolving XMLForm and its integration with
the Flow layer from this point forward..
Your help is certainly welcomed and any input you provide ultimately
will help lead to a better form handling framework for Cocoon, whether
XMLForm, JXForms, Woody or something else.

Regards,
Chris